Celebrating the Beauty of Our Town
You’re invited to participate in the inaugural “My Norfolk” Photo Contest. “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder” and we’re looking for photos that best capture Norfolk to you — images that you find to be beautiful, interesting and most unique to our town. Enter as many times as you wish.
[ DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: MIDNIGHT, March 31, 2023 ]
A panel of local photographers will select four winning photographs: a First Place and three Runners-Up. Prizes will be awarded to the winning photographs — and photographers. Notification will occur by email and publicly announced by May 1, 2023. The photographs will be displayed on the town web site and, subsequently, in an upcoming public exhibit.
You may submit as many photos as you like, using the submission form on this page for each photo you submit. There are only three requirements:
- The images must be captured within the town of Norfolk.
- Please refrain from submitting photos of babies and pets (sorry, too easy!)
- Entries by folks under the age of 18 must use a parent’s or legal guardian’s name and contact information with each submission.
- If you’re looking for ideas on what to photograph — or to select from your collection of existing photos — you may refer to the collage at the top of this page, to the horizontal “hero” images at the top of the home page (https://norfolkct.org) and others, and the photos found on https://norfolkct.org/views/ and https://norfolkct.org/living/. That said, you should not limit your decision making to just these examples — showcase your perspective.
- We especially encourage you to submit wide horizontal images that could be used as “hero” or “banner” images at the top of a page on the website. See the home page for an example (and imagine your name and photo there).
- When uploading files using the submission form, it is important that you select the highest resolution and the largest file size possible (up to 5MB) — if/when the device (desktop computer, mobile phone, etc.) or application from which you are uploading, gives you an option.
- And thanks to our contest sponsor, the National Iron Bank!