Frequently Asked Questions

Photo credit
Meadow view
Photo © Christopher Little
Listed in this section are FAQs to the Town Officials. More details including contact information for the various departments and offices can be found within the Town Government section.


Why do I keep getting a tax bill if I no longer own my car?

If you sell your car, you must notify the tax collector and show proof of the transfer or that the plate was cancelled.

What are the registration requirements to vote in Norfolk?

You must be: 1.) a U. S. Citizen 2.) a resident of Norfolk 3.) at least 17 years old (You can vote when you turn 18.) 4.) If previously convicted of a felony, must have completed sentence and had rights restored by Registrar.

How can I register to vote?

Information including registration forms, polling places, rules and candidates lists are available at the State of Connecticut, Secretary of State Web site

You can confirm your registration and polling place at the web site of the Secretary of the State.

I will be out of town for the upcoming general election. Where can I get an absentee ballot?

The absentee ballot is available in the Town Clerk’s office and on the Clerk’s page of this web site.

What are the Transfer Station's hours?

Monday, Wednesday & Saturday: 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Do I have to pay to swim in Tobey Pond?

All Town of Norfolk residents may use Tobey Pond from June to Labor Day. However, parking stickers must be purchased in the Clerk’s office.

Need Help?

Questions may be routed through the town's webmaster at 860-542-5829 or via